Iridia Supplementary Information Instructions page
On this page, you find instructions on how to use the Iridia Supplementary Information page (http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp). You should transfer all the supplementary information (videos, images, pictures, graphs, etc.) of your papers to the IRIDIA Supplementary Information Pages.
Procedure for adding supplementary material
- Locally prepare:
- The index.html of your supplementary page using the template at http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp/template.html. The example sections in the template file (Abstract, Statistical data, Videos) are not obligatory. Please feel free to use any sections that fit your need. Your index.html should contain all the information referred to in the paper (it can also include extra text). You can develop your page in the public_html/ directory of your user account on the IRIDIA web server.
- All the supplementary information (images, videos, etc.) and use local links from the index.html page.
- Then, please write an email to the responsible of the supplementary pages with the following information:
- Link to or zip file of your supplementary page
- The responsible of the supplementary pages will create a directory under http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp/ with the title IridiaSupp20xz-0ab. The papers get an ascending number based on their year.
If you need to hide confidential information for a certain time period (for example, until the paper gets published), please inform the responsible of the supplementary pages.
Adding streaming video
To add a streaming video, please use HTML5. The simple procedure is the following.
- Add the tag
<video src="video.ogg" controls="controls">Your browser does not support the video tag.</video>
- Convert your avi to ogg with
ffmpeg -i video.avi -b 1024k video.ogg
- Place video.ogg in IridiaSupp200x-00x
More info on ffmpeg can be found here: useful ffmpeg commands.
In case you have any questions, please contact the responsible of the supplementary pages.