OMiss - The ODE based simulator
What is OMiss?
OMiss a simulator based on ODE. It was written by student David Tradinh and is intended to replace Vortex for 3d simulation in IRIDIA.
It now lives in a subversion (cvs clone) repository on IRIDIA. Vito is also working on this repository.
The two links relating to the simulator and ODE that used to be on the main page are now here:
- Compiling ODE, KODEX, and MISS - How to compile the open-source alternative to Vortex, ODE, a wrapper and the simulator MISS.
- The new simulator - Compiling, bug report, TODO.
Checking out the code
To check out the code you will first need the subversion source code control system.
On debian this is simply done by:
> apt-get install subversion
You will then need to check out the repository.
> svn checkout svn+ssh://<username>@iridia.ulb.ac.be/usr/local/share/svn_repositories/OMiss
- svn tunnels over ssh so you will need to already have an account on IRIDIA - just use your standard username and password
- You will have to enter your password a couple of times on initial checkout.
- svn commands are very similar to cvs (e.g. svn update, svn commit)
Compiling the code
Compilation instructions can be found in the INSTALL file at the top level of the source tree.
Running the simulator
Running instructions can be found in pdf in the doc dir of the source tree.