Robotics weekly meetings

From IridiaWiki
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Wednesday 23rd November - Shervin)
(Wednesday 26th October - Anders)
Line 94: Line 94:
 
Elio, Rodi, Christos
 
Elio, Rodi, Christos
   
We are not going to pay the cakes ;-)
+
'''''Results'''''
  +
  +
[[Media :Fault_Tolerant_and_Dependable_Robotics.pdf|Download Presentation(PDF)]]
  +
  +
* ''General:'' The topics on the agenda, which are of general interest are moved to the beginning of the meeting, so that non-robotics people can attend at a fixed hour each week.
  +
* ''Coffee machine'':
  +
** Marco buys a new one when he comes across a good, new coffee machine (suggestions are very welcome)
  +
** Mauro is in charge of sending the current, broken machine to someone who can repair it.
  +
* ''New Wiki-pages'':
  +
** [[IRIDIA Technical reports]] - how to publish technical reports at IRIDIA + LaTeX styles etc.
  +
** [[Access to Digital Libraries]]
  +
** [[Media:Quand_quelque_chose_est_casse_sur_le_sbot.pdf | When something happens to the s-bots (French, pdf)]] - A document list common hardware problems and their solutions. Can also be found in the [[SBOT FAQ]] and the [[SBOT STATUS]] sections.
  +
* ''Wiki security'': For certain parts of the Wiki it would be convenient to have access control, so that only people from IRIDIA can access those pages. Anders will look into that.
  +
* ''E-pucks'': All the available info on the e-pucks will be put on the Wiki.
  +
* ''Sbot/simulator interfaces'': Rehan is going to create a repository for the common sbot interface and it is going to be implemented in TwoDee.
  +
* ''OMiss simulator'': Rehan is going to create a Wiki page on checking out and compiling OMiss (the new simulator based on ODE).
   
 
==Wednesday 2nd November - Rehan==
 
==Wednesday 2nd November - Rehan==

Revision as of 16:27, 26 October 2005

Contents

Purpose

  1. Community. Keep everyone updated as to what other work is going on in the lab
  2. Research. Cross germination. Get feedback. Get help on problems. Get ideas.
  3. Admin. Lab administration.


Format

  1. Presentation (15 - 30 mins)
    • Work you have been doing
    • Reading you have been doing in the context of your work
    • Other reading on something you are passionate about
  2. Discussion (15 - 30 mins)
  3. Administration (0 - 30 mins)


Try and make your session as involving as possible for everyone:

  • Send round material to be read beforehand.
  • Ask people before the meeting what aspects of your work / reading they would like to know about or discuss.
  • Think about implications of what you are presenting for the research direction of the lab as a whole - methodologies, technologies etc.


Timing & Attendance

The weekly meetings ALWAYS take place on

Wednesdays at 14.30

Unless:

  • A given Wednesday is a public holiday, or
  • Something very important (like a Ph.D. defense) is overlapping.

If either should happen the meeting is postponed to the next day.

Please indicate on this wiki page if you are not going to be able to attend a meeting (no later than the Friday before).

If you forget to note your absence in advance you will be severely punished and will be forced to buy a nice, big cake for the following meeting.


Wednesday 19th October - Alexandre

Presentation / Discussion Topics

The main topic is optimal multi-foraging in swarm robotics.

  • I will present my latest developments and results
  • Go again through goals, motivations and bibliography (renewed).
  • Discussion about the context of this work, possible applications ?
  • I might present, if there is time left, my next experiment.

You can take a look at this very quick summary of my current research : http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~acampo/various/alex_research.pdf

Administration Issues

  • Coffee machines
  • Format of these meetings
  • Standard programatic interface for simulators / real sbots.

People who will be absent

Rodi

Results

You can download a copy of Alex's presentation

  • The optimization group will have their own weekly presentations, but the will invite robotics people to participate, just like the swarm-bots presentations are open to optimization people. Seminars will continue as always and presentations might be given both at weekly meetings and at seminars.
  • Anders brings his coffee machine to test it. In case it pass the Italian test, we will buy one while the super-machine is being fixed.
  • Simulators and a standard interface for simulators:
    • Rehan and Alex are going to talk to Vito and make a plan
    • Rehan proposed Halva's interface, which he is going to send to Ciro and Anders for discussion on the next meeting

Wednesday 26th October - Anders

Presentation / Discussion Topics

Dependability and fault-tolerance in Robotics:

  • What is fault-tolerance and dependability?
  • What has been done in robotics?
  • How could fault tolerance be implemented in a swarm robotics context?

Adminstration Issues

  • Coffee machine
  • New documents on the Wiki.
  • Next week...
  • The new e-pucks
  • Simulators and swarm-bot interfaces

People who will be absent

Elio, Rodi, Christos

Results

Download Presentation(PDF)

  • General: The topics on the agenda, which are of general interest are moved to the beginning of the meeting, so that non-robotics people can attend at a fixed hour each week.
  • Coffee machine:
    • Marco buys a new one when he comes across a good, new coffee machine (suggestions are very welcome)
    • Mauro is in charge of sending the current, broken machine to someone who can repair it.
  • New Wiki-pages:
  • Wiki security: For certain parts of the Wiki it would be convenient to have access control, so that only people from IRIDIA can access those pages. Anders will look into that.
  • E-pucks: All the available info on the e-pucks will be put on the Wiki.
  • Sbot/simulator interfaces: Rehan is going to create a repository for the common sbot interface and it is going to be implemented in TwoDee.
  • OMiss simulator: Rehan is going to create a Wiki page on checking out and compiling OMiss (the new simulator based on ODE).

Wednesday 2nd November - Rehan

Presentation / Discussion Topics


Adminstration Issues


People who will be absent

Elio, Marco

Wednesday 9th November - Federico

Presentation / Discussion Topics


Adminstration Issues


People who will be absent

N/A

Wednesday 16th November - Elio

Presentation / Discussion Topics


Adminstration Issues


People who will be absent

Marco

Wednesday 23rd November - Christos

Presentation / Discussion Topics


Adminstration Issues


People who will be absent

Ciro (holiday --> no cake, but maybe a havana cigar...)

Wednesday 30th November - Shervin

Presentation / Discussion Topics


Adminstration Issues


People who will be absent

Ciro (holiday --> no talk!!!)

Personal tools