Sbot Common Interface
Revision as of 12:31, 28 March 2006 by Rogrady
What is the common interface, and why should we use it?
- Write Controller Once, instead of modifying for each platform.
- Save time - no code rewrites. Maintain just one version of your code
- Allows frequent reality checks on real robots.
- Everyone shares a common build environment. We can stop reinventing the wheel.
- All controllers stored in common repository. Can easily browse other people's code.
- Share and jointly improve tools - eg. scripts for copying files to sbots
- All extra libraries included in common interface - toolchain, sboteyelib etc.