Robotics weekly meetings
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 14:34, 13 October 2005
- Community. Keep everyone updated as to what other work is going on in the lab
- Research. Cross germination. Get feedback. Get help on problems. Get ideas.
- Admin. Lab administration.
- Presentation (15 - 30 mins)
- Work you have been doing
- Reading you have been doing in the context of your work
- Other reading on something you are passionate about
- Discussion (15 - 30 mins)
- Administration (0 - 30 mins)
Try and make your session as involving as possible for everyone:
- Send round material to be read beforehand.
- Ask people before the meeting what aspects of your work / reading they would like to know about or discuss.
- Think about implications of what you are presenting for the research direction of the lab as a whole - methodologies, technologies etc.
Timing & Attendance
The weekly meetings ALWAYS take place on
- A given Wednesday is a public holiday, or
- Something very important (like a Ph.D. defense) is overlapping.
If either should happen the meeting is postponed to the next day.
Please confirm on this wiki page as early as possible whether or not you can attend (no later than the Friday before).
If you fail to turn up you will be severely punished and you will be forced to buy a nice, big cake for the following meeting.
Wednesday 19th October - Alexandre
Presentation / Discussion Topics
- Task allocation.
- Standard programatic interface for simulators / real sbots.
Can make it