Previous MEETROBOT meetings

From IridiaWiki
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Wednesday 19th October - Alexandre)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
==Wednesday 26th October - Anders==
  +
  +
'''''Presentation / Discussion Topics'''''
  +
  +
Dependability and fault-tolerance in Robotics:
  +
  +
* What is fault-tolerance and dependability?
  +
* What has been done in robotics?
  +
* How could fault tolerance be implemented in a swarm robotics context?
  +
  +
'''''Administration Issues'''''
  +
  +
* Coffee machine
  +
* New documents on the Wiki.
  +
* Next week...
  +
* The new e-pucks
  +
* Simulators and swarm-bot interfaces
  +
  +
'''''People who will be absent'''''
  +
  +
Elio, Rodi, Christos
  +
  +
'''''Results'''''
  +
  +
[[Media :Fault_Tolerant_and_Dependable_Robotics.pdf|Download Presentation(PDF)]]
  +
  +
* ''General:'' The topics on the agenda, which are of general interest are moved to the beginning of the meeting, so that non-robotics people can attend at a fixed hour each week.
  +
* ''Coffee machine'':
  +
** Marco buys a new one when he comes across a good, new coffee machine (suggestions are very welcome)
  +
** Mauro is in charge of sending the current, broken machine to someone who can repair it.
  +
* ''New Wiki-pages'':
  +
** [[IRIDIA Technical reports]] - how to publish technical reports at IRIDIA + LaTeX styles etc.
  +
** [[Access to Digital Libraries]]
  +
** [[Media:Quand_quelque_chose_est_casse_sur_le_sbot.pdf | When something happens to the s-bots (French, pdf)]] - A document list common hardware problems and their solutions. Can also be found in the [[SBOT FAQ]] and the [[SBOT STATUS]] sections.
  +
* ''Wiki security'': For certain parts of the Wiki it would be convenient to have access control, so that only people from IRIDIA can access those pages. Anders will look into that.
  +
* ''E-pucks'': All the available info on the e-pucks will be put on the Wiki.
  +
* ''Sbot/simulator interfaces'': Rehan is going to create a repository for the common sbot interface and it is going to be implemented in TwoDee.
  +
* ''OMiss simulator'': Rehan is going to create a Wiki page on checking out and compiling OMiss (the new simulator based on ODE).
  +
<br>
  +
  +
 
==Wednesday 19th October 2005 - Alexandre==
 
==Wednesday 19th October 2005 - Alexandre==
   

Revision as of 20:11, 2 November 2005

Wednesday 26th October - Anders

Presentation / Discussion Topics

Dependability and fault-tolerance in Robotics:

  • What is fault-tolerance and dependability?
  • What has been done in robotics?
  • How could fault tolerance be implemented in a swarm robotics context?

Administration Issues

  • Coffee machine
  • New documents on the Wiki.
  • Next week...
  • The new e-pucks
  • Simulators and swarm-bot interfaces

People who will be absent

Elio, Rodi, Christos

Results

Download Presentation(PDF)

  • General: The topics on the agenda, which are of general interest are moved to the beginning of the meeting, so that non-robotics people can attend at a fixed hour each week.
  • Coffee machine:
    • Marco buys a new one when he comes across a good, new coffee machine (suggestions are very welcome)
    • Mauro is in charge of sending the current, broken machine to someone who can repair it.
  • New Wiki-pages:
  • Wiki security: For certain parts of the Wiki it would be convenient to have access control, so that only people from IRIDIA can access those pages. Anders will look into that.
  • E-pucks: All the available info on the e-pucks will be put on the Wiki.
  • Sbot/simulator interfaces: Rehan is going to create a repository for the common sbot interface and it is going to be implemented in TwoDee.
  • OMiss simulator: Rehan is going to create a Wiki page on checking out and compiling OMiss (the new simulator based on ODE).



Wednesday 19th October 2005 - Alexandre

Presentation / Discussion Topics

The main topic is optimal multi-foraging in swarm robotics.

  • I will present my latest developments and results
  • Go again through goals, motivations and bibliography (renewed).
  • Discussion about the context of this work, possible applications ?
  • I might present, if there is time left, my next experiment.

You can take a look at this very quick summary of my current research : http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~acampo/various/alex_research.pdf

Administration Issues

  • Coffee machines
  • Format of these meetings
  • Standard programatic interface for simulators / real sbots.

People who will be absent

Rodi

Results

You can download a copy of Alex's presentation

  • The optimization group will have their own weekly presentations, but the will invite robotics people to participate, just like the swarm-bots presentations are open to optimization people. Seminars will continue as always and presentations might be given both at weekly meetings and at seminars.
  • Anders brings his coffee machine to test it. In case it pass the Italian test, we will buy one while the super-machine is being fixed.
  • Simulators and a standard interface for simulators:
    • Rehan and Alex are going to talk to Vito and make a plan
    • Rehan proposed Halva's interface, which he is going to send to Ciro and Anders for discussion on the next meeting
Personal tools