Plan Rehan O'Grady
From IridiaWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Design Experiment
- Fix experiment (Confirmation from Marco)
- Build Controller
- Do Experiment
Long Term - Phd Theme
- Explore aspects of functional self assembly.
- Decision Process
- Is self-assembly necessary
- What is appropriate size for connected groups
- What is appropriate shape for connected groups
- What to do when connected (cooperative movement, transport, navigation, etc)?
- When should swarm assemble?
- When should swarm disassemble?
Short Term (~End March 2006)
Conduct new experiment which builds on previous functional self-assembly experiment. Publish results of new experiment and functional self assembly experiment together in journal.
- Same as previous functional self assembly experiment.
- ?Robots started in a line one after the other - mimic ant trail?
- Large group of robots must navigate over hill towards target.
- If they encounter hill, they aggregate into several two sbot swarmbots (using group size selection mechanism)
- The two-sbot swarmbots separately navigate the hill into the target zone. (using adaptive swarm rotation to avoid parallel approach)
- Reuse existing functional self assembly controller. (Published work)
- Group size selection mechanism to form two sbot swarm bots. (Completely new work)
- Use adaptive swarm rotation mechanis to avoid parallel approach problem. (Previous unpublished work)
Medium Term (~September 2006)
Further experimentation to add body to Phd / publish.
- Have sbots detect how difficult an obstacle is and form group size / group pattern accordingly.
- Start in two sbot swarm configuration. Detect hole. If hole is two big, join with other two sbot team. Form 4 sbot line. Cross hole. Use adaptive swarm rotation throughout.