Iridia Supplementary Information Instructions page
On this page, you find instructions on how to use the Iridia Supplementary Information page (http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp). You should transfer all the supplementary information (videos, images, pictures, graphs, etc.) of your papers to the IRIDIA Supplementary Information Pages.
Procedure for adding supplementary material
- Locally prepare:
- The index.html of your supplementary page using the template at http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp/template.html. Your index.html should contain all the information referred to in the paper (it can also include extra text). You can develop and try out your page in the public_html/ directory of your user account on the IRIDIA web server.
- All the supplementary information (images, videos, etc.) and use local links from the index.html page.
- Then, please write an email to the responsible of the supplementary pages with the following information:
- Link to or zip file of your supplementary page
- The responsible of the supplementary pages will create a directory under http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp/ with the title IridiaSupp200x-00x (the numbering is according to the year of the paper and the rank it gets for that year). Papers will acquire an ascending number (the first who asks for a number gets it).
Adding streaming video
To add a streaming video, please use HTML5. The simple procedure is the following.
- Add the tag
<video src="video.ogg" controls="controls">Your browser does not support the video tag.</video>
- Convert your avi to ogg with
ffmpeg -i video.avi -b 1024k video.ogg
- Place video.ogg in IridiaSupp200x-00x
More info on ffmpeg can be found here: useful ffmpeg commands.
In case you have any questions, please contact the responsible of the supplementary pages.