Iridia Supplementary Information Instructions page
In this page you can find instructions on how to use the new Iridia Supplementary Information page. Every person should transfer all the supplementary information (videos, images, pictures, graphs etc.) in this page and for every paper that contains this kind of information, create an entry. The structure is as follows:
- There is the page http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp in which we keep record of all the papers containing supplementary information, with a link leading to a dedicated page containing this info.
- Under /supp/ there are directories, one for each paper, containign all the media plus an index.html file
The procedure is the following: People should contact Christos Ampatzis, who will create a directory under http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp/ with the title IridiaSupp200x-00x, with the numbering according to the year of the paper and the rank it gets for that year. Papers will acquire an ascending number (first who asks for a number gets it). At the same time, the publication details of the paper should be provided to Christos and he will upload it in the SUPP page.
The owner of the directory IridiaSupp200x-00x will be the USER who asks for it.
Once every user has her/his directory, (s)he should
- create an index.html page which should contain ALL the information refered to in the paper. It can potentially include extra text. See http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp/IridiaSupp2006-001/index.html for an excellent example by Max.
- copy all the supplementary information (images, videos, etc) in her/his directory, and USE LOCAL LINKS in hers/his index.html pages
From now on ONLY this way of using supplementary information should be used. In case though, in old papers you have included links to pages e.g. in your own homepages or hosted on your machine, THEN, what should be done is the following:
- once again produce the index.html page, can be a copy of your old cited page
- copy all the files in the directory IridiaSupp200x-00x
- REDIRECT YOUR OLD CITED PAGE TO THIS NEW ONE with sth like: <meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp/IridiaSupp200x-00x/index.html">
In case you have any questions contact Christos.