The IRIDIA seminars can be divided into two main types: internal seminars (IS) and external seminars (ES). Each kind of seminars need a slightly different management procedure. The following procedure summarizes everything that you need to do to manage a new seminar.
How to Manage Seminars
- Ask for confirmation of the seminar date and time to at least one person from MD, MB, or TS.
- Add an entry to the IRIDIA Seminar Database (only for ES):
- Create a folder on your PC called "seminars/"
- Copy the semPush script to "seminars/"
- Create an xml file containing the xml received by email "FirstnameLastname.xml".
- Execute "./semPush mail.xml" from a terminal
- Check on IRIDIA Seminars List that the entry has been successfully added
- Update the IRIDIA's Calendars and book the seminar room:
- Login into the system
- Add an entry into the seminar for the requested date
- Always use timed events and remember to add the duration of the event
- Add participants to the event:
- If the seminar is an ES: "IRIDIA Seminars"
- If the seminar is an IS add the entry to ("IRIDIA Seminars", " Robotics calendar", "Optimization calendar") depending on the particular case
- If there is the need to book the Seminar room add "Seminar room" in the participants (always for ES)
- Always add an entry to "Common calendar" (semAdmin participant)
- Send reminders for the seminars (only in case of ES)
- Login into the IRIDIA server
- Send new seminar comunication (where <key> is a date in the format YYYY-MM-DD): "./semMail -s -m <key>"
- Send reminder: "./semMail -s -r <key>"