ECTS formation doctorale
This page describes what activities you can use for your formation doctorale to reach the 60 ECTS (european credit points). Please note: it's not important to get all the credits very fast, usually nobody has a problem with collecting the credits till the end of the DEA. It's just important that every Ph.D. student of IRIDA uses the same rules.
In case your formal studies, before entering the Ph.D program at ULB, lasted at least six years - you can be exempted from the formation doctorale. Normally, this decision will be made based on the dossier you submit to the ULB when applying for the Ph.D program.
As the thesis ("rapport d'avancement") and its defense counts for 30 ECTS, you actually have to reach only 30 ECTS by other means. Below there is a list of the activities that are eligable.
Courses of the university (ECTS awarded according to course)
- advanced courses organized by the "ecoles doctorales"
- courses organized by the university in fields relevant for the PhD topic
- course in technical english
Conferences, seminars, etc. (1 ECTS per 10 hours of attendance)
- seminars (count CoDE and IRIDIA seminars only)
- public PhD defenses
- attended conferences (count 8 hours per day)
Publishing of any kind (1 ECTS per 25 hours of work)
- journal paper: 10 hours per page, maximum 200 hours
- conference paper: 10 hours per page, maximum 100 hours
- conference presentation: 25 hours
- conference poster: 15 hours
- official presentations (review meetings, IRIDIA seminars etc): 25 hours
- internal presentation (internal, project meetings, robotic meeting, literature meeting etc): 15 hours
Please note: the listed hours are guidelines. If you're just the 5th author of a journal paper, it might not be reasonable to put 200 hours in the report. Adjust the times on a per-case basis.
- Rules, forms etc: http://www.ulb.ac.be/facs/polytech/dea-doc.html
- Attachment: Rules how to gather credits
- Attachment: Yearly report form on the progress in the formation doctorale
- Attachment: Example for a detailed listing of the activities given in the yearly report form
- Attachment: Example of the yearly report form on the progress in the formation doctorale
- Attachment: Detailed listing of the activities of the report example above