Thomas Stützle's Home Page
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
IRIDIA, CP 194/6
Av. F. Roosevelt 50
Phone: ++32 (0)2 650-3167
Fax: ++32 (0)2 650-2715
Email: stuetzle ulb.ac.be
- Organizer of COSEAL 2017 workshop of the COnfiguration and SElection of ALgorithms group, September 11-12, 2017, Brussels, Belgium.
- My paper on Configuring irace using surrogate configuration benchmarks co-authored by Nguyen Dang, Leslie Pérez Cáceres, and Patrick De Causmaeker, has won the best paper award for the GECCO ECOM track.
- I have given tutorials on Automated Algorithm Design at the CEC 2017 and the GECCO 2017 conferences.
- I was invited to give a plenary talk at the EMO 2017 conference in Münster, Germany.
- My GECCO 2002 paper on A Racing Algorithm For Configuring
Metaheuristic (co-authored by Mauro Birattari, Luis Paquete, and Klaus Varrentrap) has received the 2012 SIGEVO Impact Award.
- The irace software package for automatic algorithm configuration is available here. It implements various variants of racing algorithms for algorithm configuration.
- The ACOTSPQAP software is available; it implements various ACO algorithms for the TSP and the QAP and is an extension of the earlier ACOTSP software, which is available through the ACO-Software page.
- The EAF Graphical Tools software is available; it plots summary attainment surfaces and differences between the first-order empirical attainment functions of bi-objective optimizers.
Many of my papers are also listed in DB/LP; you may also check my google scholar profile for a list of my publications according to number of citations.
Publications are also available from my publication page (though not updated very frequently).
I'm associate editor of Applied Mathematics and Computation,
and Swarm Intelligence and
member of the editorial board of the journals
European Journal of Industrial Engineering,
Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, Operations Research Perspectives, Soft Computing,
and International Journal of Applied Metaheuristic Computing.
Holger Hoos I have
created SATLIB, an
online collection of benchmark instances and solvers for propositional
The second semester of the academic year 2017/18 I'm teaching
The course introduces heuristic techniques for the effective solution of hard decision and optimization problems. A main focus of the course is on stochastic local search methods.
Université Libre de Bruxelles
IRIDIA, CP 194/6
50 Av. F. Roosevelt
1050 Brussels, Belgium
ts, last update October 26, 2017.