What you need to begin to work in IRIDIA
A number of resources need to be "activated" in order to begin to work in IRIDIA.
- An entry in the IRIDIA people page. Contact the administrator of the people page (currently Eliseo Ferrante, he will need your personal information a picture and a link to your home page).
- Static IP address, WEB server space, and email@example.com. Contact the system administrator of the IRIDIA's server (currently Giovanni Pini).
- BACKUP server. Contact the system administrator of the IRIDIA's backup server (currently Eliseo Ferrante).
- CLUSTER server. Contact the system administrator of the IRIDIA's cluster (currently JÃ©rÃ©mie Dubois-Lacoste).
- You need to provide two recent pictures of you (also in electronic format) for your student card and insurance and give them to Muriel Decreton.
- Muriel Decreton can provide you keys for entering your office.
- If you are supposed to have the key of the robotic lab (arena), Mauro Birattari can provide you a copy of the key.
- If you need an SVN account or a password for the restricted areas of this wiki ask Alessandro Stranieri.
You have to subscribe to the following IRIDIA mailing lists:
- Staff (if you are a new phd student or postdoc)
- PhD Students(if you are a new phd student)
- Guests (if you are a visitor or a master student doing your thesis at IRIDIA)
- Optimization Group (if your domain of research is optimization)
- Robotics Group (if your domain of research is Robotics)
- Seminars (to receive information about talks and seminars being held at IRIDIA)
In order not to be submerged by spam, most of the lists accept posts only from email addresses that are in the subscribers list... meaning that if you subscribed to the Staff list with the address firstname.lastname@example.org and try to send a message from your other addresses email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org they will be discarded by the system. If you have experienced such a problem, or want to be allowed to post from your other addresses, please contact the list owner providing the list of addresses to be added to the "white-list".
In this page you can find useful information concerning the configuration of email, printers etc.
You can also subscribe to the following calendars:
You can also apply for a membership to the iridians mailing list, where you will be kept posted about dinners and other events we might organize. You are more than welcome to propose events!
If you work at IRIDIA for a longer period of time, probably you want also an email @ulb.ac.be. For registering you will need an "Enrollment number" and a "PIN-code/NumÃ©ro de lecteur". You can find them on your ULB card. Once you activate the account you can manage your account, access the intranet, and your webmail.
For further questions contact Franco Mascia.