What you need to begin to work in IRIDIA
A number of resources need to be "activated" in order to begin to work in IRIDIA.
- Static IP address, and WEB server. Contact the system administrator of the IRIDIA's server (currently Giovanni Pini).
- BACKUP server. Contact the system administrator of the IRIDIA's backup server (currently Eliseo Ferrante).
- CLUSTER server. Contact the system administrator of the IRIDIA's cluster (currently JÃ©rÃ©mie Dubois-Lacoste).
- An entry in the IRIDIA people page. Contact the administrator of the people page (currently JÃ©rÃ©mie Dubois-Lacoste, he will need your personal information and a link to your home page).
- You need to provide two recent pictures of you (also in electronic format) for your student card and insurance and give them to Muriel Decreton.
- Muriel Decreton can provide you keys for entering your office.
- If you need an SVN account or a password for the restricted areas of this wiki ask Alessandro Stranieri.
You have to subscribe to the following IRIDIA mailing lists:
- Staff (if you are a new phd student or postdoc)
- PhD Students(if you are a new phd student)
- Guests (if you are a visitor or a master student doing your thesis at IRIDIA)
- Optimization Group (if your domain of research is optimization)
- Seminars (to receive information about talks and seminars being held at IRIDIA)
In order not to be submerged by spam, most of the lists accept posts only from email addresses that are in the subscribers list... meaning that if you subscribed to the Staff list with the address firstname.lastname@example.org and try to send a message from your other addresses email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org they will be discarded by the system. If you have experienced such a problem, or want to be allowed to post from your other addresses, please contact the list owner providing the list of addresses to be added to the "white-list".
In this page you can find useful information concerning the configuration of email, printers etc.
For further questions contact Franco Mascia.