Robotics weekly meetings
- Community. Keep everyone updated as to what other work is going on in the lab
- Research. Cross germination. Get feedback. Get help on problems. Get ideas.
- Admin. Lab administration.
- Presentation & Discussion (30 - 50 mins)
- Work you have been doing
- Reading you have been doing in the context of your work
- Other reading on something you are passionate about
- Robotics Group Administration (0 - 15 mins)
Try and make your session as involving as possible for everyone:
- Send round material to be read beforehand.
- Ask people before the meeting what aspects of your work / reading they would like to know about or discuss.
- Think about implications of what you are presenting for the research direction of the lab as a whole - methodologies, technologies etc.
Timing & Attendance
The weekly meetings ALWAYS take place on
- A given Wednesday is a public holiday, or
- Something very important (like a Ph.D. defense) is overlapping.
If either should happen the meeting is postponed to the next day.
Please indicate on this wiki page if you are not going to be able to attend a meeting (no later than the Friday before).
If you forget to note your absence in advance you will be severely punished and will be forced to buy a nice, big cake for the following meeting.