Optimization Group Meetings
- Community. Keep everyone updated as to what other work is going on in the lab
- Research. Cross germination. Get feedback. Get help on problems. Get ideas.
- Admin. Lab administration.
The goal of the this community is to facilitate and support the development and conduct of optimization research at IRIDIA. The group will help you in your efforts to develop research ideas, gives feedback and disseminate your research results.
- Presentation & Discussion (30 - 50 mins)
- Area in which you consider yourself as an expert e.g. Statistical analysis, data structures, results visualization etc. (To help others if they want some help in your area)
- Work you have been doing
- Reading you have been doing in the context of your work
- Other reading on something you are passionate about
- Optimization Group and IRIDIA Administration (0 - 15 mins)
Try and make your session as involving as possible for everyone:
- Send the article/handout to be read beforehand.
- Ask people before the meeting what aspects of your work / reading they would like to know about or discuss.
- Think about implications of what you are presenting for the research direction of the lab as a whole - methodologies, technologies etc.
Timing & Attendance
The weekly meetings ALWAYS (yet to be finalized) take place on
- A given Thurday is a public holiday, or
- Something very important (like a Ph.D. defense) is overlapping.
If either should happen the meeting is postponed to the next day.
Please indicate on this wiki page if you are not going to be able to attend a meeting (no later than the Friday before).
If you forget to note your absence in advance you will be severely punished and will be forced to buy a nice, big cake for the following meeting.
Friday 28th October - Prasanna
Presentation / Discussion Topics
Local Search under Uncertainty:
- Overview of the state-of-the-art local search techniques to tackle uncertainty
- Empirical estimation based local search to tackle uncertainty
- Structure for the weekly meeting
- Time schedule for the Optimization weekly meeting
- Wiki page administration
- Next week...
People who will be absent -NA-
Wednesday 2nd November - Rehan
- IRIDIA Admin
- Coffee Machine
- New Wiki Pages
- Next week...
- Presentation / Discussion
- What is robotic pattern formation?
- Potential applications using the Swarm Bot robotic platform
- Discussion / feedback on my research direction
- Robotics Group Admin
- Sbot / Simulator programmatic interfaces
- Buying a computer+flatscreen for the robot room (or taking one that is not used)
- There is no reading material for this weeks presentation
People who will be absent