Optimization Group Meetings
The goal of the optimization weekly meeting is to facilitate and support the development and conduct of research in optimization at IRIDIA. The meeting will help you in your efforts to develop research ideas, gives feedback on your work and serves as a means for disseminating your research results.
- Community. Keep everyone updated as to what other work in optimization is going on in the lab.
- Research. Share research results. Discussions of general interest. Literature study on specific topics. Inspiration for new research. Reports on conference visits.
- Admin. Optimization group administration. Discussion of practical problems. Guidelines for software etc.
- Presentation & Discussion (30 - 50 mins)
- Work you have been doing
- Reading you have been doing in the context of your work
- Other reading on something you are passionate about
- Optimization group administration (0 - 30 mins)
Try and make your session as involving as possible for everyone:
- Send the article/handout to be read beforehand.
- Ask people before the meeting what aspects of your work / reading they would like to know about or discuss.
- Think about implications of what you are presenting for the research direction of the lab as a whole - methodologies, technologies etc.
Timing & Attendance
The weekly meetings ALWAYS (yet to be finalized) take place on
- A given Thursday is a public holiday, or
- Something very important (like a Ph.D. defense) is overlapping.
If either should happen the meeting is postponed to the next day.
Please indicate on this wiki page if you are not going to be able to attend a meeting (no later than the Friday before).
If you forget to note your absence in advance you will be severely punished and will be forced to buy a nice, big cake (yet to be finalized) for the following meeting.
Thursday 21st September 2006 - Max
- Presentation / Discussion
- I will present the situation on my parallel ACO research
- MEETOPT Admin (10-15 mins)
People who will be absent