The Swarmbots Project
The main gripper of an SBOT
Software and Hardware
See all Software HOWTOs
- Moving to Brussels - Information on transport, short- and long-term accommodation.
- Surviving in Brussels - What you need to know once you have found a place to stay.
- University Administration - The what, the where and the how of navigating university bureaucracy - inscription etc.
- For students visiting IRIDIA - Information for students coming to IRIDIA in the framework of exchange programs or bilateral agreements.
- Funding - Information on getting funding for projects, scholarships and unemployment benefits in Belgium once the Ph.D. grant runs out.
- Swarm robotics for planetary exploration (Nasa dreams) - Swarm robotics may have advantages over the traditionnal approach for planetary exploration...
- Ethics for the Robot Age (Wired article) - Should robots be humanoid? Should humans become robots? Should robots excrete byproducts? Should robots eat?
- Robot makers say World Cup will be theirs by 2050 (Scotsman News) - Japanese robotics experts claim robots will beat humans at football by 2050. Keio University of Tokyo recent winners of robot world cup in Lisbon. New robot, VisiON, stands 38cm tall and operates independently of humans.
- Toward a More Human Robot (BusinessWeek article) - Interview with Takeo Kanade. As director of Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Institute from 1992 to 2001, Takeo Kanade has been one of the pioneers in the field of robotics. On the future of robotics, the US research situation and playfulness.
- Japanese robot to chat lonely elderly out of senility (Yahoo News) - Japan's growing elderly population from will be able to buy companionship in the form of a 45-centimeter (18-inch) robot, programmed to provide just enough small talk to keep them from going senile.
- Army to deploy robots that shoot (News.com article) - Next year, the U.S. Army will give robots machine guns, although humans will firmly be in control of them.
Read more news on robots.net...
A Wiki is an excellent tool to maintain dynamic information. If you want to add something to this Wiki feel very free contact the system administrator and get an account. It is straight-forward to add and change the information in MediaWiki. Simply press edit on the top of this page to see how it was done. If you create a link to a non-existing page within this Wiki you can create that page by following the link - of course you would need a login to do so!. Pictures and documents have to be uploaded before they can be used on pages. All popular image formats are supported and pdf and ps documents are allowed.
For more information on the Wiki mark-up language see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page. When you become good at it, you can make cool looking pages.