Iridia Supplementary Information Instructions page
On this page, you can find instructions on how to use the Iridia Supplementary Information page. You should transfer all the supplementary information (videos, images, pictures, graphs, etc.) of your papers to this page. The structure is as follows:
- There is the page http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp in which we keep record of all the papers containing supplementary information, with a link leading to a dedicated page containing this info.
- Under /supp/ there are directories, one for each paper, containing all the media plus an index.html file
Procedure for adding supplementary material
The procedure is the following:
- First create your supplementary page locally using the template at []. You can develop and try out your page in the public_html/ directory of your user account on the IRIDIA web server.
- Then, please write an email to the responsible of the supplementary pages with the following information:
- Link to or zip file of your supplementary page
- The responsible of the supplementary pages will create a directory under http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/supp/ with the title IridiaSupp200x-00x (the numbering is according to the year of the paper and the rank it gets for that year). Papers will acquire an ascending number (the first who asks for a number gets it).
- Your should
- create an index.html page which should contain ALL the information referred to in the paper. It can potentially include extra text.
- create a compressed file with all the supplementary information (images, videos, etc) in her/his directory, and USE LOCAL LINKS in hers/his index.html pages
Adding streaming video
To add a streaming video, please use HTML5. The simple procedure is the following.
- Add the tag
<video src="video.ogg" controls="controls">Your browser does not support the video tag.</video>
- Convert your avi to ogg with
ffmpeg -i video.avi -b 1024k video.ogg
- Place video.ogg in IridiaSupp200x-00x
More info on ffmpeg can be found here: useful ffmpeg commands.
In case you have any questions, please contact the responsible of the supplementary pages.