IRIDIA cluster todo
Revision as of 21:50, 16 February 2005 by Christensen
This page contains a list of items which still need to be done on the cluster.
- There is a random error when installing the clients in the rack with FAI. The clients start to output a lot of things on screen, but unfortunately they scroll to fast to be read. I could not find any way to block them.
- A daemon that checks the status of the UPS should be installed on both majorana and polyphemus.
- Install Ganglia to monitor the usage of the cluster via web.
- Make the configuration of the package on the diskless and on the rack more similar. At the moment FAI takes care only of modifing the important configuation files in /etc.
- Use one repository for the configuation of those packaged which use debconf. I found out that this program can be used to access configuration DBs also shared via NFS of querying a LDAP server.
- Install LDAP instead of NIS (only if it is better).
- Install a new version of Sun Grid Engine (or something else).