To anyone who wants to use the informations in this archive to apply for an equivalence of diploma in Belgium ...
First : the equivalence is delivered by the CFWB (communaute francaise wallone de belgique).
On their website, the sole information I was able to find is : http://www.enseignement.be/prof/espaces/sup/naric/Organigramme_equivalences_sup_juin_2005-1.xls
This is the list of people in charge of communicating with you, categorized by type of diploma.
If you are from computer science, you will probably interact with Philippe Polet. His email is : email@example.com
You have to contact CFWB and ask a instructions for equivalence. You will receive the file INSTRUCTIONS_UNIV.doc or an updated version.
The file inventaire.odt contains the list of all things you should send them back, that is :
- a motivation letter (see the directory motivation for an example)
- the list of all what you submit to them
- a copie of an official document stating your identity (the photcopy of your ID card + passport should be ok)
- certified copies of all the diplomas you received from universities
- certified copies of all the mark sheets you received from universities
- the original, official and detailed program of your courses. This should be given for each year, in original language. It must comprise at least a title for each course, a description and the amount of time (in hours). If the program is not in french you should also provide an official translation of the main facts (title of the courses, amount of time, year, university) in french.
- a simple copie of each thesis you wrote
- a copy of all the internships you made (see stages.odt for an example, if you have any official document, join a copy too).
- the form page 7 present in the instructions (see formulaire_equivalence.odt). Of course the form should be filled properly. If you don't understand french, ask to a french speaking guy. If this is still not clear, don't bother asking clarifications to somebody of the cfwb, Mr Philippe Polet for instance.
- a CV in french
- a proof that you have paid 124 euros (the amount may change with time) to the cfwb. Informations on who to pay are provided within the instructions file. Pay attention : you should ask to your bank a transfer with proof, a simple ticket from an automata is not enough as the transaction may be cancelled after you make the request.
This is most of it.
Last advices :
- Be patient with people from CFWB, they are sometimes a bit slow but it does not help to get angry.
- The most difficult part is probably to gather certified copies of all your mark sheets, and to find back the official programs of your courses.
- If you are not french speaking, translations may be costly. Try to have french friends (At least for some days...)
- For the official translation, you can contact
Paul Janssens, Av. Louise 146/B-1050 Brussels