Revision as of 14:30, 22 November 2016 by VolkerStrobel
Reach consensus: What is the most frequent color?
- Absence of global information/trusted third parties
- AND malicious intruders/failing sensors
- Define initial swarm (e.g., 10 trusted members)
- Each robot has initial opinion (one of the colors)
- Robots move arbitrarily on the map
- Robots have three functions: Sense, disseminate, receive
Q: Why would the robots keep the blockchain running?
- While the incentive to keep the blockchain running among human participants is getting new tokens that have value and guaranteeing the security of existing token, the incentive in a blockchain based on robot participants is more indirect:
- the robots belong to a person or organization that benefits from the token
- the robots perform a mission that is useful for someone
Therefore, we can assume that at least some of the robots are programmed to do the right thing