Allocations de chomage

From IridiaWiki
Revision as of 15:20, 4 July 2012 by Gpini (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

So, if you satisfy these 2 conditions:

  • You ended up in this page (guess you did)
  • You did it because you searched it

then you are another lucky guy that is not payed anymore. Congratulations!!! Welcome to the club.

This page is meant to help you understand what is the process to follow in order to ask for the allocations de chomage

NOTICE that you can ask the allocation de chomage also if your grant is temporarily suspended (i.e., even if your contract is not ended yet).

In this page you can find:

Useful links and contacts

Some useful links and contacts:

  • CAPAC: the guys that will pay you
  • Madame Antonella Bacchiocchi (Bulding S - 6th floor) can give you lots of information about the procedure for asking the allocations de chomage.
 Antonella Bacchiocchi - Département de l'Administration Financière  - DAF-Service des Traitements
 Tel. 32(0)2 6502358 - Fax 32(0)2 6504689 -

Procedure to follow

Last update: Feburary 2012

The one described in the following is the procedure by which we asked the chomage. The information may be outdated, please be nice and correct/update the information if you know something has changed.

The steps to follow are:

  • To be granted the allocation de chomage, you must be "searching for employement". This means inscribing to ACTIRIS. You can do this the day your contract expires. When you inscribe to ACTIRIS you can print a receipt that is needed when going to the organism that pays you (CAPAC in our case, see following).
  • You need to get the C4 document from ULB. This document proves that you have been working X hours per week and it is also required by the CAPAC. The person you have to contact to get the C4 is Mme Delphine BRIOT. It is better that you warn her before (one week) your contract expires, telling oyu need the C4 for the allocations de chomage. The same day the contract expires you can get the C4.
  • When you have the C4 you need to go to an organism that pays you the allocations. It can be either be a sindicate, or the governamental organism. The CAPAC is the governamental organism, and the one we used. Apparently a sindicate is preferable if you may have legal problems with your employer, which (usually) is not the case with ULB. You have then to show up to this CAPAC office (address on website), with the C4, your Id card (belgian), and the proof that you inscribed on ACTIRIS. On February 2011 the CAPAC office was located near Rogier, at the address:
  Rue des Plantes 69 - 1210 Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Belgium
  • After that, at the end of each month you have to fill in a "control paper" (the CAPAC gives you some of them) that declares what you have been doing in the month, day by day (unmenployed-working-vacation-illness). You have to put this paper in a box at the CAPAC office, the first day of each month. You can also send it by mail, if you want to try your luck. A paper refers to the situation of the previous month. So, the first of July you hand in the paper of June. It's not mandatory to hand the paper in the first of the month, only the earlier you do it, the earlier you get the money. With the first paper you also need to attach the ACTIRIS receipt (which will probably be stapled on it by the employee at the CAPAC office when you get there).

And now?

Personal tools