Allocations de chomage
So, if you satisfy these 2 conditions:
- You ended up in this page (guess you did)
- You did it because you searched it
then you are another lucky guy that is not payed anymore, because "regulations" do not allow it.
This page is meant to help you understand what is the process to follow in order to ask for the allocations de chomage
NOTICE that you can ask the allocation de chomage also if your grant is temporarily suspended (i.e., even if your contract is not ended yet).
In this page you can find:
- Useful links (Some links)
- Procedure to follow (What are the steps to be undertaken to ask for the unemployement)
Some useful links and contacts:
- CAPAC: the guys that will pay you
- National office for employement: you can find some information and documents there (info updated on Nov 2011)
- Madame Antonella Bacchiocchi can give you lots of information about the procedure for asking the allocations de chomage.
Antonella Bacchiocchi - DÃ©partement de l'Administration FinanciÃ¨re - DAF-Service des Traitements Tel. 32(0)2 6502358 - Fax 32(0)2 6504689 - Antonella.Bacchiocchi@ulb.ac.be
Procedure to follow
Last update: Feburary 2012
The one described in the following is the procedure by which we asked the chomage. The information may be outdated, please be nice and correct/update the information if you know something has changed.
The steps to follow are:
- To be granted the allocation de chomage, you must be "searching for employement". This means inscribing to ACTIRIS. You can do this the day your contract expires. When you inscribe to ACTIRIS you can print a receipt that is needed when going to the organism that pays you (CAPAC in our case).
- You need to get the C4 document from ULB. This says that you have been working X hours per week and is also required by the CAPAC. The person you have to contact to get the C4 is Mme Delphine BRIOT. It is better that you warn her before (one week) your contract expires, telling oyu need the C4 for the allocations de chomage. The same day the contract expires you can get the C4.
- When you have the C4 you need to go to an organism that pays you the allocations. It can be either be a sindicate, or the governamental organism. The CAPAC is the governamental organism, and the one we used. You have then to show up to this CAPAC office (address on website), with the C4, your Id card (belgian), SIS card, and the proof that you inscribed on ACTIRIS. On February 2011 the CAPAC office was located near Rogier, at the address:
Rue des Plantes 69 - 1210 Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Belgium