Oral PresentationsFull length papers have been selected for oral presentation by one of the authors. Click here for the schedule of the presentations.
Guidelines for the oral presentations:
- Each speaker will have 25 minutes + questions for presenting his work.
- A beamer will be available.
- B.Y.O.L. (Bring your own laptop!)
Since the organizers are unable to provide a laptop to the participants, those who intend to use the beamer should bring their own laptop.
Poster PresentationsAll short papers will be presented in the poster sessions. This happens in two steps: First, the paper will be introduced in a short highlight presentation by one of the authors; the paper will then be discussed during the poster session. Click here for the schedule of the presentations.
Guidelines for the highlight presentations:
- Each speaker will have 3 minutes to give a highlight of his work using a single slide. The one slide limit is strict. No time for questions is scheduled: questions will be addressed in the poster sessions.
- NOTE: Please could you make sure that the SLS Organising Committee receives an
electronic copy of the slide you will use before August 31th 2009.
We will preload this slide onto an SLS 2009 computer and project it for you during your presentation.
Guidelines for the posters:
- Each poster sessions will last 2 hours.
- The poster boards will have a dimension of 2x0.95m (height x width). Material to fix the poster will be available. The suggested format is a A0, that is, 1189x841mm (height x width)
Internet connectionAt the SLS 2009 workshop, wireless network access points will be made available to participants.
Wireless networkA wireless network that conforms to IEEE 802.11b/g standard will be provided. Network parameters on your computer will be automatically configured via the Dynamic Host Communication Protocol (DHCP).
Further Practical Info
Information on the electrical systemThe electrical power system in Belgium follows the EU standard of 230V. The electric power frequency is 50Hz (alternating current). The official plug is the E style (round pin plug and receptacle with male grounding pin).
To have more information on the electrical system click here.